[Libreoffice] l10n based on PO files

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 14:09:33 PDT 2011

2011/3/9 Andras Timar <timar74 at gmail.com>:
> I created a module called 'translations'. It is at
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~timar/translations/ now. If you clone
> this and link translations directory to master directory structure,
> then it is buildable. It converts Hungarian PO files to SDF particles
> which are needed by the build. translate-toolkit is a build
> requirement.

The 'translations' module at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~timar/translations/ is fully functional
now. Currently only two languages are imported, Czech and Hungarian.

makefile.mk respects WITH_LANG variable. If WITH_LANG is empty, then
nothing is built. If WITH_LANG=ALL, all languages in source/ are
built. If WITH_LANG=kid, the Key ID SDF file is built based on en-US.
Otherwise languages defined in WITH_LANG are built, providing that
they exist.

If you think this module is usable, then it should be created as a new
repository under libreoffice/ and I would import everything there.
Then the dependencies in other module's build.lst should be adjusted,
then we can retire the l10n module.

Best regards,
Andras