[Libreoffice] nullptr, was: Suggestion: Let's switch to using MSVC2010 on Windows for master

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon Mar 14 03:07:48 PDT 2011

OK, so compiling with VC2010 brings in some new fun errors: "cannot convert from 'int' to 'foo *'" . Apparently VC2010 is more C++0x compliant or something than VC2008 was, which I guess is good, we all love standards, right? Isn't that one of the things gcc advocates have been hitting MSVC with, "you don't even have C99 support"?

Apparently the Correct Fix here would be to start using the "nullptr" keyword when initialising pointers (at lest in some contexts) instead of literal 0, but is nullptr supported in the gcc versions used on other platforms? So is it better to just use 0 cast to the appropriate pointer type instead?

--tml