[Libreoffice] nullptr, was: Suggestion: Let's switch to using MSVC2010 on Windows for master

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Wed Mar 16 10:15:39 PDT 2011

> I can't find the exact details since which gcc version this
> has been the case, but I assume that if msvc and gcc are the only compilers
> we care about, then we could switch to nullptr and #define it ourselves when
> not provided by the compiler automatically.

Yep.

As it turned out, we decided to revert the switch to use MSVC2010. There was a mysterious crash in climaker with MSVC2010 that didn't seem easy to figure out.

So we are still  using MSVC2008 which does not have nullptr (or at least, where just using 0 to initialise pointers works fine in those contexts where MSVC2010 wanted nullptr or an explicitly cast 0).

--tml