[Libreoffice] [patch] (draft) remove Andale Sans UI from the LO default font lists

Samphan Raruenrom samphan at osdev.co.th
Thu Mar 17 01:02:09 PDT 2011

See http://www.wazu.jp/gallery/views/View_AndaleSansUI.html

> *Andale Sans UI* (soui.ttf)
> *Source*: Supplied with StarOffice 7.0<http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/edu/solutions/staroffice.html>,
> which is free for education and research purposes.
> *Stats*: Version 1.10 has 668 glyphs and 3,400 kerning pairs
> *Support*: Cyrillic *(Russian)*, Greek, Latin

Since Andale Sans UI is only available for PC that have installed StarOffice
7 (or newer), I suggest we remove the font from LO default font fallback
lists because not many people will have the font installed anyway.

This is what the patch does:
1) remove all instance of Andale Sans UI
2) for UI_SANS, if Andale Sans UI is the first-priority font, use Tahoma
instead because it has better glyph coverage than Arial Unicode MS
3) for th locale, the Thai community are coming with better default font
lists that work cross-platform

Please take a look and make comments.

Thanks,
Samphan.

--
_/|\_ Samphan Raruenrom. Open Source Development Co., Ltd.
Tel: +66 38 311816, Fax: +66 38 773128, http://www.osdev.co.th/