[Libreoffice] dev300 merge thoughts / some lessons ...

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Fri Mar 18 15:17:34 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 08:12:02PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 16:44 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> > Merging from OpenOffice.org's DEV300 code line

Wow, many good things end up around the tree these days.
Feels like Christmas time :-)

> 	Another problem is that the gnumake build system tends to copy
> libraries around instead of hard-linking
[...]
> Fixing solenv/gmake/Deliver.mk to use cp -l and fallback to cp -a if
> that is not possible may improve things there.

I hope straight ln or equivalent Unix (non GNU-specific) commands could be
used instead.
It seems the last code drop introduced a new dependency to GNU cp:

$ ./autogen.sh [blah]
[...]
checking for cp... /bin/cp
checking whether /bin/cp is GNU cp from coreutils with preserve= support...
configure: error: no, GNU cp needed. install or specify with --with-gnu-cp=/path/to/it

--
Francois Tigeot