[Libreoffice] [Patch] allow one anonymous db range per sheet in calc

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:22:11 PDT 2011

Ok,

thanks for your advice. I will rework it but suggest that the static method
will be placed in ScDBCollection.

But there is then there is the question whether an Undo should undo the last
change in the active sheet or undo the last change in any sheet. Note that
,as I see it, this will only affect changes that were made with anonymous db
ranges.

Probably yes.  The idea is to replace the concept of one global
> anonymous DB name with one anonymous name per sheet *across the calc
> code*, so we need to make changes in every place where the global
> anonymous name is used currently.  After this change, we will no longer
> have a global anonymous name anymore (except for backward compatibility
> handling in the import code, perhaps).
>
> With that in mind, let's create a central method that generates
> sheet-local anonymous names, and use it everywhere.  If I were you I
> would create a static method inside ScDPCollection class for that.

Yes, I tested that. It seems that nTab is a property of ScTable and not used
to determine the sheet's Position.

> BTW, how does this handle sheet position changes?  For example, let's
> assume you have two sheets with auto filter applied (hence two
> sheet-local anonymous DBs), and you swap their position.  Would the DB
> ranges be still valid?

Kohei