[Libreoffice] Deliver and build tree size

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 04:16:14 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 14:32 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just enabled striping on link for gbuild on Linux unless you
> explicitly requested symbols, by setting SYMBOL/SYMBOLS or DEBUG:
>
>  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/commit/?id=1ed2342c1e33c28ad048205c4a708fe7b39bfb17

We have an --enable-symbols which sets var ENABLE_SYMBOLS (which is
optionally also SMALL for -g1), would be good to align these things,
so....

how about I change --enable-symbols to export "SYMBOLS" instead of
"ENABLE_SYMBOLS", drop the "small" option which I think is really
unused, and adapt anything using ENABLE_SYMBOLS to SYMBOLS so that
--enable-symbols works out of the box for both gbuild stuff and
remaining dmake using stuff.

C.