[Libreoffice] EasyHack: Improved bug filing form / flow

Michael Münch michael at codingmicha.de
Tue Mar 22 12:15:41 PDT 2011

Hi Samuel,

On Monday 21 March 2011 21:53:54 Samuel Atkins wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'd like to pick-up this project, as it looks like something I could
> accomplish!

I looked at this task yesterday, so I guess we started at the same time.
I have added your name to the task on the easy hacks site in the wiki to
prevent double work.

> I've had a go on it the last couple of days, and the current page is at
> http://atkinslg.dyndns.org:4080/stuff/submitbug.html - I'm mostly
> working from Michael's proposal. I've spoken with him on IRC already,
> and he gave me a couple more pointers.

As my javascript already is a huge load of unmaintainable code with probably
less than 5 percent of the workflow I am quite happy that you stepped up.

> So this is largely an introduction. So, hello! And of course, if anyone
> has any input, feel free.

One technical question. Do you already know how to interact with the bugzilla?
I thought of creating the bug with javascript via the xml-rpc api of bugzilla.
Some other, and probably nicer apis like JSON or REST seem not to be activated
on the freedesktop bugzilla.

Regards,
Michael