[Libreoffice] EasyHack: Improved bug filing form / flow

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Tue Mar 22 15:29:32 PDT 2011

Hi Samuel, hi Michael, all!

Thanks for the great reply :-)

Am Dienstag, den 22.03.2011, 22:07 +0000 schrieb Samuel Atkins:
> >        * It would be just great if the "For help on this, see here"
> could
> >          just open an additional section below the current section.
> That
> >          would save the users to jump back an forth with the newly
> opened
> >          browser windows.
> Hmmmm. It looks like the wiki has an API, so it would be possible to
> grab sections from the wiki. eg,
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?action=render&title=User:AtkinsSJ/BugFiling
> <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?action=render&title=User:AtkinsSJ/BugFiling>
> Grabbing only a section looks a bit more complex, but doable.

Ah, I just thought about something that "expands" some text beneath - I
didn't intend to let you explore even more things (especially since I'm
totally unhelpful in such a case *g*).

> > I hope this list doesn't look discouraging - quite the contrary. To
> me,
> > it's a real please that somebody picked up this topic. So if you
> need

grrr, it was late yesterday: please --> pleasure (of course)

> > more detailed proposals / an in-depth review, then please let me
> know
> > (or just ping the Design Team). I'll wait for your request until you
> > think it's ready ...

> Perhaps a little discouraging at first! But very useful; I've got
> quite a list of things to work on with it now. Thanks!

Phew, good that you mention that ... I'll try to work on being less
discouraging. In the usability world, if somebody comes up with a huge
stack of proposals, it usually means that it's important to them.

Thanks and enjoy your day!

Cheers,
Christoph