[Libreoffice] -Woverloaded-virtual

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Mar 24 09:53:55 PDT 2011

Hi Lubos,

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 17:29 +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  I want to introduce the usage of the gcc -Woverloaded-virtual switch. The
> switch warns about the following situation:

	Looks sexy to me :-) nice work !

>  Attached is a patch for introducing the warning (quite obvious) and a list of
> warnings (duplicates removed). I don't want to enable the warning right now,
> since although I've already reduced the number of warnings, I don't want to
> enable this too soon.

	You know - seeing a lot of warnings has a focusing effect on the mind,
and helps people work on cleaning them up - assuming there are not a
bazillion duplicates of each of them (are there ?) :-)

>  As for the SampleICC warnings in libs-extern, I've already pointed this out
> in their bug tool. They are a quite nice demonstration of how easy it is to
> do a mistake.

	Yep; it would be great to be protected against this by spewing warnings
- I suspect lots of our newly introduced warnings are signes of
auto-merging problems anyway so ...

	Good stuff,

		Michael.