[Libreoffice] linux.mk and ppc, arm, etc and gmake build

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Mar 24 13:18:39 PDT 2011

Hi Caolán,

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:16:35 +0000
Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 17:10 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > Yes, it does. One might even consider to put even the X86 and X86_64
> > specifics in an own file
>
> Yeah, attached is what I propose to push if there's no objections.
>
> include linux-ARCH.mk and linux-ARCH sets its specific magic and
> includes linux.mk for generic linux stuff which includes unxgcc.mk for
> generic gcc stuff. Which allows the gcc-using BSD etc guys to reuse
> the unxgcc.mk and move what bits turn out to be linux specific up to
> linux.mk
>
> Appears to all work ok here for X86_64/X86/PPC/IA64.

Looks good to me. There is one little note though: When writing the
original linux.mk, solaris.mk and macosx.mk files I tried to keep them
as close as possible, so that one could vimdiff/meld/kdiff them and
merge changes from one platform to another. I did not move out
unxgcc.mk back then, because the only non-linux gcc platform was OSX --
and OSX is quite different with its insane linking style.

So I am still a bit unsure about separating unxgcc.mk out. Do
you intend that file to also be used by OSX? Whatever we do here it
will be wrong in some ways and right in others.

So: splitting out the linux-ARCH.mks is great, and about the unxgcc.mk
stuff I dont have a firm opinion.

Just my 2 euro-cent.

Best Regards,

Bjoern