[Libreoffice] first post and patch proposition (condfrmt)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Mar 24 21:36:14 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 01:05 +0100, Bob wrote:
> It's my first post on this mailing list.

	Welcome ! :-)

> Until 3 years ago, I posted regulary on french ooo lists. I return on
> the french dev list but it's a nomanland ;-) only 3 messages !
> I think everybody is coming on LibreOffice :-)

	Heh well, your support (and code) is much appreciated here, of course !

> I find a hack I've created in 2008. Yesterday, I've worked to finalise
> it. I think it may interest you :
> unlimited count of rules in conditional formating

	Looks lovely :-)

> I'm not qualified for making a patch. Please somebody can help me ?

	The best situation would be if you had the source that you based your
changes on, so you can do a 'diff -ur' against that (as Kohei
suggested).

	Failing that, perhaps the easiest way to generate it is to checkout the
git repository if you don't have it [ really it is better to get a full
build so you can test your work ], in this case calc:

	git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/calc

	Then copy your files into the tree, and run a 'git diff' - this should
show you a lot of changes: your changes, and also anything else that
changed since you did your work to that file.

	I suggest you then edit that diff by chopping out or re-working
sections that are not your work, and send it in. Some things like the
global replace of USHORT -> sal_uInt16, BOOL -> sal_Bool etc. may need
repeating on your code if you don't have the original.

> Screen shot : http://archives.bobiciel.com/libo/condfrmt/condfrmt.jpg

	Looks really pretty :-) of course, in extremis I can try to unwind
exactly what was changed and try to work out what your base version was
[ even a version number would help here - was it OO.o 3.0 (or whatever)
].

	Also - since our feature freeze is soon, it'd be wonderful to find that
out quickly, so we can get this in ... :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.