[Libreoffice] localize.cxx tries to run 'java' unconditionally

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 09:41:20 PDT 2011

2011/3/26 Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org>:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 04:06:04PM +0100, Andras Timar wrote:
>>
>> I disabled jpropex in localize.cxx. It tries to extract localizable
>> strings from .properties files but currently we don't have any
>> localizable .properties files in LibreOffice source code. So it is
>> pretty useless.
>
> Shouldn't l10ntools/java/jpropex be removed then ?
>
> Or the whole l10ntoos/java directory while we're at it ?

Good question.
java/l10nconv and java/receditor are not even build (they are not in
build.lst) so removing them is not risky.
As far as I can tell, jpropex has been never used in OpenOffice.org
localization. But it does not mean that it will not be used in the
future. It is quite new code. See #i100854# and #i112394#. We might
need it for the proper localization of Oracle Report Builder
extension.

Best regards,
Andras