[Libreoffice] operator== always returning sal_False?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Mar 28 04:18:45 PDT 2011

Hi Christina,

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:45:49 +0200
Christina Roßmanith <ChrRossmanith at web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> during patch reviewing I came across the following:
>
> file: sfx2/source/view/frame.cxx
>
> int SfxUsrAnyItem::operator==( const SfxPoolItem& /*rItem*/ ) const
> {
>      return sal_False;
> }
>

> I'm not an c++ expert, but an operator== which is always false can't
> be of much use?!?

SfxPoolItems are held in SfxItemSets, which in turn store them in a
SfxItemPool. Some items are "pooled" that is, if you put them in a
SfxItemSet, it looks for the item in the SfxItemPool and if it is found
there, it just uses a reference to that one instead of keeping its own
copy. A weird form of refcounting in a way. An operator== returning
always false is thus claiming "never try to pool me". Why? Dunno, but
there might be reasons. ;)

Best Regards,

Bjoern

--