[Libreoffice] subsequenttests now run headless

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Mar 29 13:22:43 PDT 2011

Hi all,

subsequenttests runs headless now by default and seem to be very stable
that way. These tests are very good to parallelize. On my machine I see:

> subsequenttests
[ __.oO SCK ] loaded modules: chart2 comphelper configmgr dbaccess
editeng forms framework linguistic ooo padmin qadevOOo sal sfx2 sot svl
svtools svx sw toolkit tools ucb unotools unoxml vbahelper xmloff

real	17m51.257s
user	3m6.720s
sys	0m18.650s

> subsequenttests -j
[ __.oO SCK ] loaded modules: chart2 comphelper configmgr dbaccess
editeng forms framework linguistic ooo padmin qadevOOo sal sfx2 sot svl
svtools svx sw toolkit tools ucb unotools unoxml vbahelper xmloff

real	5m33.555s
user	3m4.350s
sys	0m18.020s

In these five and a half minutes, you get a _lot_ of code coverage. If
you want to run the tests without headless, you do a:

> subsequenttests gb_JunitTest_HEADLESS=

and get all the blinkenlights. Be aware that by doing that you are not
only testing LibreOffice, but also stress testing your X11
implementation and WM (esp. when you enable parallelization). ;)

Best Regards,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen