[Libreoffice] First-time build fails

Juan Antonio Osorio jaosorior at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:55:06 PDT 2011

I actually also tried to build Libreoffice for the same reazon (trying to
get involved
with the project through GSoC), but had problems with python. I suppose it
works
well for python 2.7 but it has problems with python 3.2 (which is the one I
have
installed).

This was the output of autogen.sh

checking whether to enable Python 2.x UNO API... yes
checking which python to use... external
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.2... python
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 3.2
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python3.2/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python3.2/site-packages
  File "<string>", line 1
    import distutils.sysconfig; print
distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var('INCLUDEPY');
                                              ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  File "<string>", line 1
    import distutils.sysconfig; print
distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var('VERSION');
                                              ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  File "<string>", line 1
    import distutils.sysconfig; print
distutils.sysconfig.get_config_var('LIBS');
                                              ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
checking Python.h usability... no
checking Python.h presence... no
checking for Python.h... no
configure: error: Python headers not found

Now, what I did was import sys and do stdout calls to replace the print. It
did finish the autogen,
but then I had problems with the python library when trying to compile. Did
anybody else have
a problem like this? maybe it would be better to state in the installation
scripts that a version
of python greater than 2.2 but less than 3.0 is needed.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Joe Hillenbrand <joehillen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Like I said, "make" works. I tried "make 2>&1 | tee build.log", but "make
> dev-install" still fails with the name errors.
>

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Andy Brown <andy at the-martin-byrd.net>wrote:
>
>> Hi Joe,
>>

>> Joe Hillenbrand wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am trying to build libo from git source for the first time, so that I
>>> can apply to GSoC.
>>>
>>> I am able to "make" just fine, but when I try to "make dev-install" it
>>> fails (please see the errors at the end of the email).
>>>
>>> Please pardon my ignorance,
>>>
>>> -Joe Hillenbrand
>>>

>> Did you run  "make 2>&1 | tee build1.log" before trying to run "make
>> dev-install"?
>>
>> Andy

Juan Antonio Osorio R.
e-mail: jaosorior at gmail.com

"All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking."
- F.N.