[Libreoffice] need your help to make my first patch. (conditional formattings with unlimited number of rules)

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Wed Mar 30 02:01:32 PDT 2011

Hi Robert
On 29/03/11 23:58, Robert Dargaud wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need your help to make my first patch. (conditional formattings with
> unlimited number of rules).
>
> Before making changes I've detected a strange bug :
> cd install/program
> ./soffice --calc
> File > New > Spreadsheet
> Format > Cell > Numbers ==> crash !!!
> Is-it only on my build ?
that sounds like a bug

> With Kompare, I've applyed manualy my change to the new sources files.
> After, I've tried to make a patch from bootstrap. With "git diff "
> It's not possible !
you need to do ./g diff ( from the bootstrap module )
that will run the git command ( diff in this case ) on all of the repos

> I think it's only possible on distinct modules ?
> I add to this message, 2 patch files  I've make with :
[...]
> When I open these files with Kompare this message is display :
> "The diff is malformed. Some lines could not be parsed and will not be
> displayed in the diff view."
> Strange !!!
sorry, never used them Kompare ( or the others you mentioned )
> Is the procedure correct to create patch ?
that patch format looks good, you did good, next time just remember the
'./g' from bootstrap, it will save you some steps. Or like someone else
noted if the patch is pretty big them separating the patch(s) by repo or
module is an alternative

I think Kohei ( cc'd )  would be really interested in reviewing the
patch ( is it complete ? )

thanks,

Noel