[Libreoffice] [EasyHack][Print current page] How to get the last active page number?

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Mar 30 14:51:45 PDT 2011

Hi Skyler,

On 2011-03-27 at 20:33 -0700, Skyler Hawthorne wrote:

> In PrintDialog::setupOptionalUI, it appears the default text for the
> page range edit box is set on line 1507 (
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/vcl/source/window/printdlg.cxx#1507
> ). As a test, I commented out line #1516, where it actually sets the
> string value for the edit box, and added:
>
> rtl::OUString curActivePageNum( RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM("2") );
> pField->SetText( curActivePageNum );
> maPController->setValue( rtl::OUString( RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM(
> "PageRange" ) ), makeAny( curActivePageNum ) );
>
> And that sets the PrinterController's PageRange property to 2, and sets
> it as the default value for the edit box.
>
> Now, I just need to be able to access the current document's page
> number. However, I've been digging through this code all weekend, and I
> cannot find anything that stores that value. Is it some other
> PropertyValue stored in maPController? If so, what is the name? Is there
> some static function that can access information about the current document?
>
> Any help is much appreciated.

The construction of the print range seems to happen here:

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/vcl/source/gdi/print3.cxx#345

I'd play with the PrintRange property, if I am not mistaken, it comes
from

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/writer/sw/source/core/view/printdata.cxx#305

For Writer, I'd pass the current page number to the SwPrintUIOptions's
constructor wherever it is being constructed, probably in SwDocShell.
If that is correct, in SwDocShell you have GetWrtShell(), and can do the
same as

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/writer/sw/source/ui/uno/unotxvw.cxx#1511

I think it will be something similar for the other apps too.

Regards,
Kendy