[Libreoffice] warning-free question

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Mar 31 11:57:18 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 15:41 -0300, Kayo Hamid wrote:
> We have a lot of warnings from things that are not from LibreOffice,
>  what do to with that? Fix it, create a patch and put it with us forever
>  and keep updating it?

Typically ignore them unless they trigger warnings in our own code (e.g.
boost headers). You can always follow up a warning by sending a patch
for it to the upstreams own project, e.g. hunspell and so forth.

We have a configure --enable-werror that turns on -Werror for the
modules which are supposed to be warnings free and off for the
"external" and "hopeless cases" ones.

C.