[Libreoffice] Libreoffice QA Review and Feedback Gathering - Manual and Localization Testing

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:26:37 PDT 2011

Hi Yifan,
On 30/03/2011 12:54, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> [Manual and Localization Testing]
>
> + Related wiki: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Manual_Tests
>

>      The manual testing page looks a bit like a test case execution record. I
>      am not sure if this is good to record all the testing in a single
>      page.

In fact, it's just a template for the teams to work on their own tests.
If you look at the German group for example, you will see that they have
a well structured table per version
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Manual_Tests/3.3.2/de

  Meanwhile cases were already created and were being run in a
>      *testing* Litmus server:
>
>      https://tcm.documentfoundation.org/
>
>      We probably expect to have some solution like that.  The benifit of having
>      a general/consistent test case management process/tool is people could do
>      QA work in a quite easy way and avoid overlap working.
>
>      I can help do documentation stuff and further follow up about this if
>      required.

We are currently putting Litmus in place, even if it's no more
develop/maintained by the Mozilla team, the new tool they will provide
is not yet ready.
We need to do some adaptation to Litmus because we are meeting some
bugs. Rimas is taking care of it and he is in relation with the Mozilla
team. I think there is some perl script to push, not sure however where
we are with this currently.
It would be good to know if we can go on and write TCS for the next
release of if we still have to go with the wiki.

> + Related wiki: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language
>
>      About the localization QA, the wiki page shows 'This process is
>      currently under development'. Would you share your experience on here, so
>      that we can see how could we offer help to do it.

Litmus will host the tests run on RC versions, on L10n versions and on
dev versions too. So for the moment, until we have Litmus in place, I
know that most of the NL teams won't run the tests. They need to have a
easy framework in place to run them, because most of them are very short
in resources.

Kind regards
Sophie