[Libreoffice] ./autogen failed.... on Mac OS X 10.6.6 Please advise me where to get help on this issue...

Peter Teeson peter.teeson at bell.net
Mon May 2 10:23:15 PDT 2011

Hi Christian:
On 2011-05-01, at 11:04 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Hi Peter, *,
> On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Peter Teeson <peter.teeson at bell.net> wrote:
>> [...]
>> In order to see if things work as Christian described here is my plan.
>> Since I have loads of HDD available
>> I will setup a new partition and do a clean install
>> of Snow Leopard 10.6.6 plus Xcode 3.2.4 with 10.4 SDK.
>>
>> Then install the LO Mac dependencies,
>
> There are no dependencies other than XCode with the 10.4u SDK (it's
> not enabled by default, so check it when installing XCode). Just use
> --disable-mozilla. Unless you want to work on mozilla-adressbook
> connectivity, document signing/certificate management or ldap, and
> don't want to create release builds, then you don't need the mozilla
> stuff anyway.
>
> You should install ccache and git manually, that's all there is to it.
>
> ciao
> Christian
Well here is an update.
I made a new partition and installed Mac OS 10.6 from the DVD.
Then Installed Xcode 3.2
Then ran SWUpdate which took the OS to 10.6.7
Then updated Xcode to 3.2.4

Then for fun downloaded LO 3.3.2 and installed it.
Also the eng-US lang pack.

Then launched LO, did new Spreadsheet and Format/Cells....
Everything worked correctly!!!!!!!

In Terminal did env and my PATH is /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:
On my regular 10.6.6 machine it's     /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

On my regular machine I re-installed LO 3.3.2 but I still crash as before.
So from this it is clear to me that something is foobar on my regular system.

I'm not sure how to proceed. It's a lot of work to transition over to the new clean system.
Maybe an Archive and Install of 10.6.7. But it's still a load of work. And we lose the reason for the crash.

Basically I would like to track down what's messed up so that if anyone else runs into such a situation we have a record.

Opinions? Guidelines on how to proceed? I don't mind doing the work if it will benefit the community.
Ultimately I aim at doing a build without the Mac dependencies as per your advice [--diable-mozilla]

respect...

Peter