[Libreoffice] [libreoffice-l10n] Re: REMINDER: Release 3.4.0-rc1 from ooo-build-3-2-1 branch == string and UI freeze

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue May 3 03:30:51 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 21:28 +0300, Sophie Gautier wrote:
> Yes I do too, but the issue is that we didn't test the betas at all yet
> due to this bug

	Which sucks; hopefully the Windows & Mac builds have been use-able for
testing - and of course, the snapshots of them.

> and it covers a quiet large range of distributions. So, may be we should
> really take time to test the RC fully before really calling it an RC
> and spread the word around it.

	The danger of this - is that by introducing further delay into the
release pipeline - we slow down our ability to respond to bugs that are
found, and since we are releasing a build per week anyway - we can only
really choose to miss out a week: which isn't that wonderful :-) Already
we only have a few days to fix a bug in RC<n> and get the fix out in
RC<n+1>.

	-Far- better for people to be running and using the daily snapshot
releases and reporting bugs against them - instead of waiting for RCs
(per-se).

	Having said that - warning that RC1 may be a bit rough in the release
notes is a good idea :-) - although, given that this is caused by some
obscure compiler problem - apparently only present on the gross / old
system we compile the binaries on for Linux, I'm optimistic that once it
is fixed we'll not be in such terrible shape.

	ATB,

		Michael.