[Libreoffice] Why define a string just to use a copy of the string a few lines later?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri May 6 08:33:20 PDT 2011

Hi Christian,

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 04:25 +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Looking at this change (as it breaks with WaE because that function is
> unused on Mac)

	:-) glad you're on that.

> Fix for the WaE breaker is easy (just conditionalize it for non-mac as
> in the exec_pagein method), but the code did let me stumble, so I take
> the opportunity to learn and ask....

	Yep - AFAICS we don't use ooqstart.bin on Mac - so I've never quite
understood why we bother with it [ or do we use it - I would be amazed
it has a fairly hard X dependency ;-]. It would be better to remove it
altogether I think.

> +#define REL_PATH "/../basis-link/program"
..
> +    strcat (path, "/../basis-link/program/");

	As you say- that should be REL_PATH too.

> slash - so sizeof counts one character less (OK, no problem, account

	sizeof counts one char more - with the nullbyte.

> And the second part is - why the "+8"?

	paranoia :-) with the kind of crazies editing the code that we have
around here, some of it can be a good thing.

> What am I missing? /me feels dumb, and fears the answer :-))

	Nothing - you're golden :-) it'd be great if you could clean it up on
master.

	Thanks !

		Michael.