[Libreoffice] GSOC: performance improvement ...

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Fri May 6 17:19:30 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On 6 May 2011 13:39, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
> Hi Matus,
>
>        Great to have you working on this for the summer :-)

I'm glad and hope it would be fun.

>        Perhaps it is a good time to start digging into the code that
> references the default_icons/res/commandimagelist/ to shrink those
> paths. I don't think this really needs to take that long to do :-)

I have a lot of work at school but I'm trying to do something.

>        So - I guess the first step is to move all the res/commandimagelist/
> icons in default_images/ and ooo_custom_images/* into a top-level 'cmd'
> directory, or perhaps even 'c/' if we want it really short :-)

Just in case top-level means default_images/ and ooo_custom_images/human/ etc. ?
And in ooo_custom_images/classic/ is just .tar.gz file. I don't know
if it's bad and left it untouched.

> desktop/source/deployment/gui/dp_gui_backend.src:    ImageBitmap = Bitmap { File = "commandimagelist/sc_helperdialog.bmp"; };

I've tried to find sc_helperdialog.bmp but unsuccessfully. And it is
problem with commandimagelist without res/ because i moved
res/commandimagelist/ to cmd/ and don't know how to replace just
commandimagelist, see below.

>        And then of course packimages needs a little tweaking.
>
> packimages/pack/makefile.mk:    $(FIND) $(SOLARSRC)$/$(RSCDEFIMG)/res/commandimagelist -name "*.png" | sed "s#$(SOLARSRC)$/$(RSCDEFIMG)/res#%GLOBALRES%#" | $(PERL) $(SOLARENV)$/bin$/sort.pl > $@.$(INPATH)

But with this I don't know what to do. I don't know what %GLOBALRES%
is. Seems to be path to .../res where commandimagelist was but now
there isn't res folder with commandimagelist, just cmd. So it's not
build-able.

I also have created some patches but patch for moving
res/commandimagelist/ to cmd/ has 13MB after compression so I haven't
sent it now.

regards,
Matus