[Libreoffice] testDataPilot unit test breaks in sc

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Sat May 7 00:53:52 PDT 2011

Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Well, if we can't assume a locale being set (regardless of whether or
> not it's en-US), we wouldn't be able to test e.g. calculations involving
> functions since all function names are localized.

Well, we could use translated names as input - granted, that sounds
like much more work.

>  Also, without a locale set, a string collator won't work which is
>  used even for simple things like populating data into data pilot
>  cache (because of its need to check for string equality).

You got me there - that indeed sounds almost impossible to work
around. So then, let's standardize on en-US, and make that a
required locale.

Any opinion on whether to push the stuff to -3-4 already?

Cheers,

-- Thorsten