[Libreoffice] Duplicate code: SwDoc::SplitDoc

Chr. Rossmanith ChrRossmanith at gmx.de
Sun May 8 14:08:08 PDT 2011

Hi,

there are two slightly different implementations of SwDoc::SplitDoc(),
depending on the third parameter given. As far as I can see they only
differ in the way pSttNd (what stands Stt for?) and pEndNd are found. If
that's true, I'd suggest to have two different GetEndNode() and
GetSttNode() methods and only one

SplitDoc(sal_uInt16 eDocType,  const String& rPath, const SwTxtFmtColl*
pSplitColl, int nOutlineLevel)

with either pSplitColl OR nOutlineLevel passed as parameter but not
both. Would that be bad coding style? On the other hand, are ~200 lines
of identical code good style? Any suggestions how to get rid of the
duplicates else?

Christina