[Libreoffice] testDataPilot unit test breaks in sc

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Mon May 9 06:43:36 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 14:27 +0200, Fridrich Strba wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 18:55 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> > so, finally got to the bottom of this - patches attached. I feel
> > *slightly* worried about pushing
> > 0001-Fix-non-changeability-of-UI-locale.patch to -3-4 - the second
> > hunk has some potential to cause loops, so review appreciated.
> >
> > Generally, and going forward - I'd be a bit happier if unit tests
> > would not assume en-US locale at all, since at least in theory, it's
> > possible to do a build w/o en-US at all...
>
> And we have some tinderboxes that actually don't build en-US.

Do they just not specify en-US with with-lang switch, or do they
actually totally strip en-US from the build?  It was my understanding
that en-US locale resources are always there even when you explicitly
disable it at build time (as Andras said).

FYI some code in Calc assumes the en-US is always there even when en-US
is not explicitly enabled.  For instance ODF import export convert all
function names to English because the ODF spec requires it.  The always
use English function name functionality works precisely because en-US
strings are always available regardless of locales.

So, is being able to build without totally having en-US resources that
important?

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc