[Libreoffice] Mac OS X Discussion of Using Xcode and SDK >= 10.6

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Mon May 9 23:46:15 PDT 2011

Le 10/05/11 00:22, Peter Teeson a écrit :

Hi Peter,

> Out of curiosity how many Mac developers?

I wouldn't consider myself a Mac developer yet, more of a fiddler. I've
only just started to learn C++ (or at least am trying), but I do like to
do the builds, if only out of personal interest, especially all the
extras and stuff that doesn't come with a stock build. I have some
longstanding itches that I want to scratch, and thus the only way for me
to do that (other than pay someone) is to dig into the code.

> Are they all using command line hacking?

I certainly am at the moment, using Smultron as a text editor to edit
the code.

> Now I'm 73 and there is no way I want to go back to that way of development.
> For me the Xcode IDE has been very productive for the past many years.

I can understand the desire for comfort that comes with an Aqua
environment like XCode and its associated graphical tools.

> Precisely. So maybe the time is now to start up an Xcode IDE version.
> If there is support for that I would consider helping.

Personally, I would be interested in being able to use XCode to build,
debug, play around, etc, with the code. Just my own 2c. Like I said, I'm
not a developer as such (lawyer actually) - its a (variably rare) spare
time hobby for me.

Alex