[Libreoffice] about bug fdo 36519 ("writer8" instead of "ODF Text" in options UI)

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at orange.fr
Sun May 15 02:31:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

I try to fix the bug fdo 36519. With the help of Cédric I found that
commenting four lines in
../clone/components/cui/source/options/optsave.cxx solves the problem.
Precisely the four lines are

        else if(!pProperties[nProp].Name.compareToAscii("Name"))
        {
            pProperties[nProp].Value >>= sRet;
        }

at the end of lcl_ExtracUIName() method.

I thing it is only the first step to the right solution of the problem
because I can't find any previous modification of this piece of code.

Is it possible that the true root cause of this bug lies in xcu files
which describe writer8 filter (and other ODF filters): writer8.xcu and
write8_ui.xcu in ../clone/filters/filter/source/config/fragments/filters/  ?

Thanks for any help
JBF