[Libreoffice] [Patch] it needs to be check by libreoffice guru

Dimitri Duc dimitri.duc at gmail.com
Mon May 16 07:32:46 PDT 2011

Mac user,

here is my "Platform dependent constant values" from MacOSSS86Env.Set.sh:

#
# Platform dependent constant values.
#
SOLAR_JAVA="TRUE"
COM="GCC"
COMPATH="/usr"
CPU="I"
CPUNAME="INTEL"
GUI="UNX"
GUIBASE="aqua"
GVER="VCL"
OS="MACOSX"
OUTPATH="unxmacxi"
INPATH="unxmacxi.pro"
PATH_SEPERATOR=":"
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.4"

ERROR prompt:
Undefined symbols:
  "_XSetWindowBackgroundPixmap", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XCreateImage", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XChangeProperty", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XFillRectangle", referenced from:
      _splash_draw_progress in splashx.o
  "_XSelectInput", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XInternAtom", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XFlush", referenced from:
      _splash_draw_progress in splashx.o
  "_XCreateSimpleWindow", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XPutImage", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XSetWindowColormap", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XPending", referenced from:
      _splash_draw_progress in splashx.o
  "_XSetStandardProperties", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XNextEvent", referenced from:
      _splash_draw_progress in splashx.o
  "_XAllocColor", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XDrawPoint", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XOpenDisplay", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XFreeGC", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XFreePixmap", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XCloseDisplay", referenced from:
      _splash_close_window in splashx.o
  "_XMapWindow", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XSetForeground", referenced from:
      _splash_draw_progress in splashx.o
      _splash_draw_progress in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XDrawRectangle", referenced from:
      _splash_draw_progress in splashx.o
  "_XCreatePixmap", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
  "_XCreateGC", referenced from:
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
      _splash_create_window in splashx.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

At compile time, I got a linking error in desktop/unx/source folder. Compiler cannot linked splashx.o to X11 library because X11LINK_DYNAMIC is equal to nothing.

So, I made a change in desktop/unx/source/makefile.mk:

.IF "$(OS)"=="MACOSX"
.IF "$(GUI)"=="UNX"
	X11LINK_DYNAMIC=-L/usr/X11/lib -lX11
.ENDIF
.ENDIF

I compiled it and Libreoffice runs on my computer. I got no idea if this error is just on my computer or not.

However, if this patch is useful

It is written  under MPL 1.1 / GPLv3+ / LGPLv3+ Licenses.