[Libreoffice] problems with component registration

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Tue May 17 01:36:50 PDT 2011

Hi David,

It seems that
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-gui/commit/?id=f9496177a4c942f2acc39a978a3cd65689f14d8d
is causing some problems with component registration with at least basic
on master. I have a temporary fix for this here
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-core/commit/?id=1aa0150844d37e28cf0b420cbc60a96ad478edbe.
The problem stems from the fact the legacy code (now) needs
OModule.registerClient to be  called. However that call is never made.
I'm not familiar with these helper classes so I am hoping you might know
how the register/revoke client stuff should work ( and who/when/where
should call what )
My main worry though is that perhaps this changes breaks more than
basic. so... in the mean time it might be worth considering backing out
that change

Noel