[Libreoffice] valgrind under Wine ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue May 17 04:48:31 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

	So ... it seems that Julian has some cool stuff to allow valgrind to be
run under windows (sort of): not as nice as Tor's native port of course
(a great end-goal), but pretty sexy.

	Apparently the wine allocators have been marked up and it should be
possible to valgrind libreoffice when running under wine. Apparently
this tool is deadly useful for firefox debugging.

	I was wondering - if anyone had played with this: give the huge gobs of
developer time tracking odd bugs that valgrind saves on Linux - I'd hope
this could be really useful - and (perhaps) show up some odd crashers
that have been hidden in the win32 platform specific stuff (?).

	HTH,

		Michael.