[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] missing desktop icons (fdo#37160)

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue May 17 05:36:53 PDT 2011

Hi *,

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Yifan Jiang <yfjiang at novell.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 09:17:07PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
>>
>> LO-3.4 can be installed in parallel with LO-3.3 on Linux (fdo#36551).
>
> If this is a new feature, shall we release note it to spread the word? :)
> Thanks!
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.4

It should be added, but not because of the "new feature", but rather
because of the limitations it has:
As both share the same user-configuration-directory, a user cannot run
them both at the same time. When one version is running already,
trying to start the other will just hand over control to the already
running one. So to use the other version you have to quit LO first.

ciao
Christian