[Libreoffice] Libreoffice not builds

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue May 17 10:39:56 PDT 2011

Hi there,

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 21:32 +0400, Гуляев Гоша wrote:
> Michael Meeks, thank a lot for your help

	Really, my pleasure - thanks for persisting.

> And for your words about gdb in freebsd, maybe i need to install any
> additional soft for that? Or setup debug options in kernel?

	Under gcc / gdb on Linux you can catch C++ exceptions in the debugger
with a breakpoint in __cxa_throw. Apparently, this is not so on FreeBSD.
I guess you need to google around for "FreeBSD exception gdb" or
whatever to find what is going on.

> #makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

	The kernel is irrelevant here :-) you prolly want debuginfo symbols for
libstdc++ glibc etc. (and/or whatever C++ runtime pieces you have).

> /var/XXX/libreoffice-build-3.3.2.2/build/libreoffice/solenv/bin/gdbtrycatchtrace:2: Error in sourced command file:
> Function "__cxa_throw" not defined.

	So we can't find where the exception is thrown - which is a shame.

> Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
> [Switching to Thread 28501140 (LWP 100271/initial thread)]
> 0x284b7be7 in kill () from /lib/libc.so.7
> (gdb)

	And this is not that helpful ;-) you need to do: "backtrace" when it
fails to get some clue what went wrong.

	HTH,

		Michael.