[Libreoffice] How to catch the following events: OnAlphaCharInput, OnInsertStart, OnInsertDone, OnNonAlphaCharInput

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri May 20 03:51:13 PDT 2011

Hi John,

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 12:05 +1200, John Gillanders wrote:
> What I am actually trying to achieve is a way to hook into events in
> OpenOffice so that I am able to catch all edits that a user does to a
> Writer document and do something with the related information (I need
> to receive the full information of what changed).

	Sounds like you want to do collaborative editing ;-)

> Frank suggested that there might be events for all different kinds of
> edits that I can catch, which is what led me to where I am now.

	So - I would -strongly- recommend not doing this via the UNO API.
Instead - I would hack the C++ natively, for each component - and hook
out the changes you want. For writer I'd start prodding at the methods
in:

	sw/inc/IDocumentContentOperations.hxx

	and reading around their implementation; though it really rather
depends on what you're trying to achieve.

> Do anyone know of anything that may help me with this (catching all
> edits to a document and inspecting details of each edit)?

	Again; sitting behind the UNO barrier is only going to cause immense
grief, and you'll end up having to fix and expand the implementation
there anyway.

	Anyhow - can you give more details on the feature you're interested
in ? :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.