[Libreoffice] minutes of tech. steering call ... (Offensive Word Found In Message)

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Fri May 20 04:05:12 PDT 2011

On 20/05/11 08:27, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry, I couldn't join yesterday. I'm just wondering where the
> reviewboard action item went? is that a dropped idea or does it still
> deserves some action?
I meant to say something when this was originally floated but got
distracted. I think the idea of those kinda tools are good, I have even
used similar ( maybe even it was the the one ) tools previously for
reviewing and found them really good. However I would say that I think
these work best in a closed environment,  by closed I mean a tight group
that are the reviewers that control the whole thing. The disadvantages
for us I see is the need for a new list to subscribe to ( who needs yet
another list ) or having to have an account in some webserver that hosts
the tool(s)
Posting to the dev list to me remains in my view the most inclusive way
of doing reviews, it's process light, everyone gets to see what
happening, and most importantly ( imo ) all can learn from the reviews (
it's real easy to dip-in/out of any review thread as you wish )
I really wish to stress the 'learn' aspect because I think reviews are a
key way for people to learn about the code ( no joke I think I learn
something new every day on this list from the reviews that I read ) imho
we should make it as easy for people to be exposed to the reviews as
possible

just my 2 whatever

Noel