[Libreoffice] Platform-specific DLL suffix usefulness

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun May 22 11:27:23 PDT 2011

Hi Tor,

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:43:52AM -0600, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > What I would like to know is if there's still a reason to use this suffix in 2011.
>
> Only backward compatibility of binary extensions, I think? But how many of the OOo/LO shared libraries do (binary) extensions link to anyway?

And how do they do it ?
I've downloaded an extension from http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/
and the included binaries are ELF objects but they do not need libraries with
special platform suffixes.

[objdump -x extract]
Dynamic Section:
  NEEDED               libcrypt.so.1
  NEEDED               libnsl.so.1
  NEEDED               libuno_cppu.so.3
  NEEDED               libuno_sal.so.3
  NEEDED               libuno_salhelpergcc3.so.3
  NEEDED               libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so.3
  NEEDED               libstlport_gcc.so
  NEEDED               libstdc++.so.6
  NEEDED               libm.so.6
  NEEDED               libgcc_s.so.1