[Libreoffice] python / XInvocation snafu ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon May 23 04:14:31 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 10:18 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> I have taken a look at the class and all it does is provide
> string resources via the good ol' tools ressource manager.

	Beautiful :-) I suspect (hope) that this impl. behavioural detail can
be tweaked, and that only the wizards use it: after all, would a
component author really be crazy enough to compile / create a lot of
resource files ?

> I have thrown out all the crap and ended up with 100 lines of code

	Nice :-) and new/clean/MPL+GPLv3+ code: even better.

> The only disadvantage as of now is that you now get each string
> separate and lock the SolarMutex each time.

	Hah - the cost of locking a mutex per user-visible-string is
approximately nil - and it doesn't add any new threading problems that a
GetStrings() wouldn't have; so fine - lets wait till it shows on a
profile [ but what with jitting Java & so on ... this is noise ].

> If the old VclStringResourceLoader implementation is not used elsewhere
> anymore, we should kill it off. If there is stuff still depending on it,
> we should replace that and kill it off then.

	Oh ! as in add a new one, and kill the old one off: I guess ... the
question is, will we remember to remove the old code if we don't kill it
day #1 ? :-) [ I think not ]. It'd be great to rip/replace now. It seems
we only have:

	wizards/source/tools/Misc.xba
and	wizards/com/sun/star/wizards/common/Resource.java
and	extensions/workben/testresource.cxx

	the last of which we can easily kill and/or turn into a run-time unit
test I guess.

	Thanks !

		Michael.