[Libreoffice] pointless makefile ?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue May 24 03:48:42 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 13:02 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> Caolan,
>
> in  filters:dfb05afaec63e4537a18947695106052574b6593
> you removed a 'pointless' makefile... as it turned out that makefile
> was apparently preventing --enable-werror from being enforced on that
> particular piece...

I rather suspect it was the earlier/later commits to set various other
dirs in there as warning-free rather than this specific one to remove
the unused makefile.mk. Catch being, on the other warnings, that my
compiler doesn't warn about a few things that your one does.

> since this is binfilter, I think we should keep these kind of
> pointless makefile around... I don't think anyone want to go and chase
> every warning in binfilter :-)

There's actually only 11 dirs set as "with warnings" in binfilter, and
are the final dirs (using gcc anyway) marked as having any. I think its
probably worth a little push to remove those final 11 dirs.

C.