[Libreoffice] master & patch review process ...

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue May 24 04:47:26 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:08:50PM +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 17:37 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > Sure, still I think we should keep commits on master and only
> > cherrypick back to release.
>
> I'm a fan of this as well FWIW, its what I do by default on all the
> various projects I work on, push to master, backport back.

Let me add a +1 here

Like Caolán, this is most of the projects I work on manage their
trunk/stable branches.

This way we can be sure -master as all the bleeding edge stuff and fixes
and the stable release branch only relevant fixes or limited feature ports.
No need to do expensive release branch -> master merges.

--
Francois Tigeot