[Libreoffice] Templates path, move language independent stuffs to common folder

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 02:09:21 PDT 2011

Hi Kami,

2011/5/25 KAMI911 KAMI911 <kami911 at gmail.com>:
> Hi LibreOffice Developers,
>
> Currently all templates installed by LibreOffice (3.4) are in:
> /opt/libreoffice3.4/basis3.4/share/template
>
> If someone adds here subfolders it is appear as empty subfolder while
> create a new document from template. By the go-oo time we used common
> subfolder for such language independent files. Can we move
> /opt/libreoffice3.4/basis3.4/share/template/layout to
> /opt/libreoffice3.4/basis3.4/share/template/common/layout.
>
> It has scp2 related and officecfg related changes.

I did not understand 100% what you wrote but it may be a good idea. I
suggest that you make your changes locally (in master), then test if
it builds in all platforms, then test if it causes upgrade problems
from previous versions (e.g with existing user profile). Then you can
push it to master. When we see your commit in master, we can tell if
it is good for 3-4 ot not.

Thanks,
Andras