[Libreoffice] gbuild, visibility and map files ?

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Wed May 25 03:32:53 PDT 2011

> If not, IMHO we should
> just drop the versioning (as we dont have one on Windows anyway)

Hmm, I thought it was because of versioning that the UDK_MAJOR is appended to some dll names (only on Windows)? So that DLLs with different APIs have different names? Maybe we could simply do that on Linux too, i.e. simply use differently named shared libraries if there is a non-backward-compatible API break. Isn't that what the GNOME stack does, for instance? But I might be misunderstanding.

--tml