[Libreoffice] [LibreOffice][GSoC 2011][svgexport] build issue: "libvcllx.so: undefined symbol: _ZN3utl10ConfigItemC2ERKN3rtl8OUStringEs"

Marco mrcekets at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:17:15 PDT 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011 23:21:38 +0200, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Marco wrote:
>> Now after all this work I have still some issue:
>> when I launch soffice on the standard error I got the following
>> messages:
>>
> IIRC that was a temp failure, and the changes have been reverted
> meanwhile - generally, the thing with the master branch is that, at
> any given time, you may be unlucky & get a state that's broken in
> various ways. In all cases, doing git pull on your repo should be
> followed by make clean && make (unless you know exactly what you're
> doing).

Yes, you are right, indeed I'm not used to work on a so big and
complex project as LibreOffice.

> My recommendation for a stable setup & the quickest way to a
> working, hackable build is to currently use the libreoffice-3-4 (or
> even -3-4-0) branch.
>
> Best not to waste time on random other issues just *yet* :)

I find that a sensible idea! All these building issues are really
a waste of time. I'll create a new local branch libreoffice-3-4-0
that will track the origin/libreoffice-3-4-0 remote branch,
so I can execute "g pull -r" straight from the libreoffice-3-4-0
local branch .
Moreover my "feature/svgexport" will be attached to that branch
instead of to the master branch.

Thanks for your advise :)

-- Marco