[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] weekly report #1

Marco mrcekets at gmail.com
Sun May 29 13:45:38 PDT 2011

Hi all,
unfortunately I spend the first half of the week in solving build
issues, anyhow after Thorsten's advice to base my job on the
libreoffice-3-4-0 branch instead of on the master branch all work smoothly.
In the second half I started looking through the source code related
to svg export functionality, at present I have a enough clear vision of
SVGFilter and SVGExport classes (I still need to tackle SVGActionWriter,
SVGFontExport). After reading this source code I have some question:

(1)
is "api.openoffice.org" the right place where to look for API
documentation ?

(2)
what is the difference between: XShape, SdrObject (and derived classes)
and Graphic ? Which are their roles ?

(3)
what is the GDIMetafile associated with an object of type Graphic ?
(and what are MetaActions ?)

moreover some source code is a bit obscure to me:

(1)
OutputDevice::LogicToLogic( rSize100thmm, MAP_100TH_MM, aMapMode )

(2)
xDrawPages->getByIndex( nDefaultPage ) >>= mxDefaultPage;

if( mxDefaultPage.is() )
{
       SvxDrawPage* pSvxDrawPage = SvxDrawPage::getImplementation(
mxDefaultPage );

       if( pSvxDrawPage )
       {
           mpDefaultSdrPage = pSvxDrawPage->GetSdrPage();
           mpSdrModel = mpDefaultSdrPage->GetModel();

           if( mpSdrModel )
           {
               SdrOutliner& rOutl = mpSdrModel->GetDrawOutliner(NULL);

               maOldFieldHdl = rOutl.GetCalcFieldValueHdl();
               rOutl.SetCalcFieldValueHdl( LINK( this, SVGFilter,
CalcFieldHdl) );
           }
       }
}