[Libreoffice] [GSOC] Java > Python, problem with uno.invoke

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon May 30 08:03:36 PDT 2011

Hi John,

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 22:12 -0700, John LeMoyne Castle wrote:
> I think your Java->Python porting project is awesome.  ...

	Wow - and your feedback is brilliant :-) it would be wonderful to have
you working with Xisco on this, and/or helping to mentor if Bjoern is up
for that :-)

	I guess if you're building LibreOffice, it is well worth configuring
with the --enable-ext-scripting-python and --with-extension-integration
to make that work more pleasantly.

	AFAIR ooinstall doesn't install those extensions either (which is
something of a disaster), so getting python to work well in LibO out of
the box is as hard (or harder) than it ever was: fixes to configure.in
to turn that on by default if we have python much appreciated etc. :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.