[Libreoffice] 8 combinations of Python support: do we really need that?

Hanno Meyer-Thurow h.mth at web.de
Mon May 30 13:23:49 PDT 2011

On Mon, 30 May 2011 14:08:41 -0600
"Tor Lillqvist" <tlillqvist at novell.com> wrote:

> Browsing configure.in, I see three different binary options for various aspects of Pyhon "support":
>
> --disable-python. "Disable build of Python 2.x UNO API"
> --enable-ext-scripting-python. "Enables support for scripts in Python"
> --with-system-python. "Use Python already on system"

I added '--disable-python' because not everyone needs python uno api.
Since python-2 is necessary for build tools, there is '--with-system-python'.
There is just no need to build it internally each time.

I have no idea about '--enable-ext-scripting-python'. :-)

Well, just my view as a linux packager.

Regards,
Hanno