[Libreoffice] Oracle Report Builder corrupting chart objects

Friedrich Strohmaier damokles4-listen at bits-fritz.de
Tue May 31 12:36:32 PDT 2011

Hi Alex, *,

i try to make it as short as possible in order not to waste too much
valuable developer time while reading. Superfluous to mention: I'm not a
developer ;o)).

Alexander Thurgood schrieb:
> Le 17/05/11 04:14, Kohei Yoshida a écrit :

[.. Oracle Report Builder crashes LibreOffice ..]

>> 3. Don't ship with Oracle Report Builder.  I hope I don't need an
>> explanation for this.

[..]

>> It would be nice to know the original motivation behind including
>> this extension.  Was there a high demand for this functionality?

> My humble opinion is that Base users already feel alienated enough.
> Take away the ORB without providing a functionally equivalent
> replacement and you will sign the death knell for Base.

[..]

> Please excuse my rather passionate plea in defence of Base in general
> and the ORB in particular. I am the first to recognise its failings,
> but do not take away what little functionality we still have, at
> least not until or unless we have a complete replacement for it.
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The latter definitely is a good Idea.

Because this beeing a developer list, I started a discussion on the
projects list, targeted to achieve creating a replacement for ORB using
capabilities of writer (or calc?).

Please have a look here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.projects/192

Hope this was suitable mail length with respect of this list's purpose
;o))

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich