[Libreoffice] Platform-specific DLL suffix usefulness

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue May 31 14:33:06 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 04:05:16PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2011 08:10:13 +0200
> Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:
>
> > It was my understanding the UNO libraries didn't use DLLPOSTFIX but
> > now you're making me doubt.
> > Is there a canonical list of them I could check ?
>
> As Michael and Caolan already said, no problem there, go for it!

I'll propose a patch when it's done.

What you said about the gbuild migration makes sense, but I have the
impression you were thinking about removing completely the suffix.

Caolan explained it was best to keep a distinct name for the libraries
to avoid potential conflicts. I plan to keep the suffix, only directly
integrated in the library names.

it's best with a more visual representation:

now:
  LIBANANA = "libanana" + $(DLLPOSTFIX) + ".dylib"

proposed change:
  LIBANANA = "libananalo" + ".dylib"

The final library name would be the same, it would not be problematic
to remove DLLPOSTFIX a little bit at a time.

--
Francois Tigeot