[Libreoffice] [REVIEWED] [PUSHED 3-4] fix for fdo#41807 crash with ROW() or COLUMN() in matrix formulas

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Tue Nov 1 18:58:01 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 22:45 +0100, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Hey,
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=cf0dd2113527ba0a601c5c59de7f7f44da161d21
> fixes a crash that happens if you use ROW() or COLUMN() in a matrix
> function. We try to get an entry from an empty mdds container which
> results in a crash.
>
> Even that we are not sure that return true is always correct this
> patch should be safe since this only matters in the case where a crash
> would have happened.

Well, I'm still not 100% sure if this is the best way to fix this (as I
hinted in my private mail to you), but I will agree that 1) it's much
much better than crashing, and 2) the change only affects very rare
corner cases that it's a safe change.

Pushed to the 3-4 branch with my sign-off.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc