[Libreoffice] Replace (Byte|Uni|Xub_)String with O(U)String: Fill() method is missing

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Nov 2 09:21:30 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 15:47 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 11/01/2011 07:50 PM, Eike Rathke wrote:
> > Wouldn't they benefit/suffer from the stable ABI requirement then,
> > whereas in comphelper they don't? Or am I mislead?
>
> Yup, that was the original rationale for introducing
> comphelper/string.hxx, see the comment at the start of the file.

	The benefits of the stable ABI requirement are somewhat unclear to me.
If (as seems ~certain) we are going to have a flag day at some stage,
there is no harm moving this little lot into the sal/ library. To what
degree these helpers randomly change over time is something that can
presumably be quite easily seen from the git log. To me they look rather
sensibly designed & stable from the header [ just hard to find ].

	So - I think this splitting code into lots of different places for ABI
reasons can be re-considered.

	HTH,

		Michael.